After the Facebook release today, Robert Scoble, Techcrunch and the Financial Times were selected for a special 35mins with Mark Zuckerberg. The Scobleizer recorded it and released it on Cinch. I picked out the following points:
- people like to share and be shared with
- games which are social like Zynga do well
- sites need to be designed to be social from the ground up; not social as an afterthought or add on
- people like Facebook Places; some love it and some do not want to use it but do not mind being mentioned by others. People have different thresholds.
-Places is already massive and growing fast
- power of social recommendation
- tagging of photos is much better than face recognition software
- e-commerce will be later
- main stream sites such as newspapers are becoming social sites
- lots of companies are afraid of disruption (social sharing of their data). These will be overtaken by companies which embrace social network
- focused on people
- mass location awareness
- in the future, all apps will be personalised
- when Facebook was founded there was only one platform – the Internet. Now there are many with webs, mobile, apps etc. HTML5 will go some way to unifying all these.
So lots more opportunities and all the companies will need a business plan resource.
Listen to the Cinch cast to see why Robert Scoble was jealous!